Welcome to Vagrant
We are a feral dog game set in Japan, based off the Ginga Nagareboshi Gin and Ginga Densetsu Weed manga/animes (though you do not need to be familiar with either in order to play here!). You can read more about the game here. If you already have an account, login - otherwise feel free to create an account and join us!
Photo

Black Sun

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Nosferatu

Nosferatu
  • South Alps
  • 49 posts

Du erscheinst in meinem Traum
Du liebkost mein schwarzes Herz

[OCC: ]

Spendest Licht dem Lebensbaum
Du befreist mich von dem Schmerz

"I suppose you're right. From what I've seen and known of them, they never content themselves to stay where they are. Hopefully they will stay themselves for some time yet."

Greed was, naturally, a feeling Nosferatu knew well. It had been the cause of some unfortunate... accidents in the past, yet it had brought some good with it. Had he not learned how to control himself since then? Had not the result of his sinful desire given him an obvious enough warning? Unlike the humans, the old man heeded these warnings - his pride was immense but it was unable to completely overshadow his common sense. Not to say that Nosferatu was not prone to making bad decisions or mistakes, he was not some kind of otherworldly creature like his long fangs suggested, but he believed himself to be better at choosing his fights as well as deciding what action was best fitted for the situation. Though it was foolish to talk about the humans as a single entity, they sure seemed to share most of their less flattering attributes. "Even the moon has been soiled by their presence," said Nosferatu. He had no desire to go beyond Japan, even less the Earth itself. The mixed breed was not by nature an adventurous being, though if going to outer space meant the absence of humans then perhaps he would try to broaden his views slightly.

"I believe there are many that would argue with your words, but I wholly agree with them. I am the pretty lure, the bait, for the trap,"

Oh, Nosferatu was used to others disagreeing with his opinions or views. It was a part of life, and although it was annoying to be surrounded by those with the "wrong" views it didn't matter. As long as one was certain in one's own convictions, then what did it matter if others did not share them? In time they might be converted. The process was slow, but if they saw the success of their enemies, then they would eventually change their ways. Either way, the vampire did not get too worked up over these trifles - it was not like he was out to brainwash those around him, his greed did not stretch that far. It was only concerned with power and blood. "Intriguing." Nosferatu's interest had been piqued by Djavol's words, and though his countenance did not portray his feelings save for a slight, sinister glimmer of his eyes, there was no doubt that his attention had been captured. After all, traps were useful little things, especially living ones, and it was not improbable that Nosferatu had used a few of his own in the past.

"Come and fight me, you think I can't take you? Coward! Such a strong male, maybe we should go and have some fun, Snap."

His interest reached its peak as a wonderful display unfolded before him. The tricks the female used was not wholly unfamiliar to the older male, although he was usually not the seductive kind of vampire it didn't mean that he had not abused his ability to talk smoothly until a female was under his spell, and shortly afterwards beneath his fangs. Nosferatu was subtle, and unless his thirst was throbbing all too violently within him, he enjoyed the foreplay almost as much as the banquet itself, so he would go on dancing with his victim with a mask covering up his face, and most importantly his precious weapons, until the time was right. A slight smirk made its way across his snout upon hearing Djavol's morbid finale to her little act. "A fine display, and an even finer way of acquiring fresh blood," Nosferatu's tongue traced his lips in a suggestive manner. "I assume that a lady such as yourself has no fear when it comes to those with more... exotic preferences in food." Perchance she did fear such, and it was far from an unfounded fear, but chances were that Djavol would not admit her true feelings. Though Nosferatu had no need to depend on others in order to sustain himself, having a companion like the Spitz could prove to be quite useful - it was not unusual for dogs to be wary of the great, dark dog, not to mention scared, but a diminutive female with excellent acting abilities was the perfect bait for almost every situation.

Word Count: 803
Table picture by Klomonx

"I shall rise from my own death, to avenge hers with all the powers of darkness."

Djavol

Djavol
  • South Alps
  • 27 posts

At the older male's words, Djavol tipped her head back just a little to stare upwards through the branches of the trees. There were far too many of them to truly see through unhindered into the sky. Besides, it was the day and the moon was not out. Still, her brown eyes looked upwards towards where the moon would have been had it been the evening. Humans there? Her own brain didn't quite comprehend that. Then again, she thought of them with very little concession for the fact that they could be clever and intelligent. "If that is so then their hunger to step all over this world truly knows no bounds," she finally settled on. She wasn't quite sure that she believed it and while Nosferatu had plenty of reason to lie to her, he really did not have reason to lie to her about that. What would it do for him to pretend he knew things about humans when Djavol cared so little for or about them?

That same cruel little smirk rested on the edges of Djavol's muzzle after her little display for the larger dog. She hadn't needed to explain any more than that. She could see by the light in his eyes and the way that his attention hadn't wavered that he had understood, that he held an interest. It had not been the best display of her acting skills but that was beside the point. Nosferatu understood and that keen interest meant that he approved most likely. Her own brown eyes watched the black dog with interest as he ran a tongue along the edges of his muzzle and spoke of acquiring blood. To her, it wasn't about a meal. She had never considered herself a cannibal and blood was not something she relished the taste of although she recognized that it gave life and death and sought it out in both ways. Her desire was just to see that blood spilled, to watch it sink into the land, to stain the things about them. She had never considered it specifically as a lone food source.

"So long as their fangs stay away from my hide, I've no problem with things such as that." In her opinion it didn't matter if someone ate another dog. Why would it? If you caught and killed it and you were hungry then why not? The other dog was obviously stupid enough to be caught and that meant it was unfit to live and pass on its genes. It was just like that with the rabbits and birds and larger game, why shouldn't it be that way for their own kind? She had never actively hunted another dog but if she were starving and the opportunity was there she was not going to die for some so-called noble mindset. What good did morals and nobility do you if you starved? "And I take it that you, sir, have one of those more exotic preferences in what you eat?" There was very little question otherwise given the way that things had been phrased but she was certainly not against circling around the subject at hand for a little while longer.

Nosferatu

Nosferatu
  • South Alps
  • 49 posts

Du erscheinst in meinem Traum
Du liebkost mein schwarzes Herz

[OCC: ]

Spendest Licht dem Lebensbaum
Du befreist mich von dem Schmerz

"If that is so then their hunger to step all over this world truly knows no bounds,"

Nosferatu could not help but to grin as he thought about the humans and their desire to tread all over the earth - even the galaxy itself, despite the fact that this feat required creations that went far beyond the understanding of even the old vampire, machines that enable them to travel far distances in a weightless sea, and devices that made it possible to breathe where air did not exist. It was foolish in one way, foolish because they could not understand the limit of their own power; indeed, they had intelligence on their side, they had the means to make their apparatuses in order to bridge their weaknesses, but did they posess the insight to see when they took one step too far? When they entered territories they did not fully master, that they were not the rightful owners of? Nosferatu scoffed, half disgusted and half amused, for he did understand the desire of wanting more. "The larger one's territory, the more power one has in one's palm," he said as he peered up through the branches, "it is not such a strange desire, though that does not make it less foolish." Had there been a way for Nosferatu to acquire the moon, and had there been some benefit in doing so, then he would certainly have considered coming up with a plan to seize it. But as for now, moon-bred vampires would be unknown to the world.

"So long as their fangs stay away from my hide, I've no problem with things such as that. And I take it that you, sir, have one of those more exotic preferences in what you eat?"

Another smile tugged at the corners of Nosferatu's mouth as he lowered his head slightly, blinking the sun out of his eyes, and fixing his gaze on the smaller dog. "I believe most of our kin share that sentiment," he replied, "even I am no masochist, and life still seems attractive enough that I would like to keep it." Indeed, the black dog was no stranger to the controversies that surrounded his strange tastes - how could he be? Cannibalism was frowned upon amongst most animals, except some species of insect and arachnids, though who cared about those vermin of the world? It was also easy to see why the lifestyle was frowned upon, but Nosferatu hardly cared; after all, he was not a mindless brute who went about murdering each dog he saw, he was usually subtle about his killings and chose canines who he had no relation to.

Of course, there had been quite a few exceptions to this, but choosing a stranger from a crowd was by far the easiest way to acquire a meal. Striking at a friend who suspected nothing from the giant, who had massaged their ego with friendly words and actions of camraderie, was one way to do it, but was undesirable for several reasons, mostly related to time and effort. Even cannibals needed someone to call their comrade, if not friend. If not for the social aspects, then for pure business matters. "I

do have a preference for the throats of my kin and the liquid hidden inside,"
Nosferatu mused, "it makes for a fine bath when I puncture their veins, I assure you."

Word Count: 639
Table picture by Klomonx

"I shall rise from my own death, to avenge hers with all the powers of darkness."

Djavol

Djavol
  • South Alps
  • 27 posts

OOC: If you ever think this is trailing off towards being a finished post, don't hesitate to say so. x) lol

Djavol gave a slight wary eye as the older dog grinned. It was a fiendish sort of expression, not at all something that encouraged a lot of trust and comfort. But, then again, that was not something she would expect from someone like him and from someone in the pack. After all, they had all proven themselves to be very good at being less than accepted by their fellow comrades and kind. She made a small noise at the older dog's words, the lines of her muzzle thinning down into more of a frown. Djavol was not someone that lusted after power. Oh, she liked the power that came with being able to rend and to kill but she wasn't the type to think about aggressively expanding territory to have more, more, more. "It seems as if it might cause more problems than it would solve having so much to watch and guard and worry about." As if the humans didn't have enough problems! As if they weren't stupid enough to need constant reassurance and help! What were they thinking, trying to move past what they had? Was there any wonder as to why her own opinion of them was so low? And she really didn't hold much high regards for those of her own kind either. At least she could understand the concept more within the pack, within the goals of the pack, even if it didn't fully concern her. She was here because she had been promised land to act out on her own desires and the fodder that would be provided to them for that, after all.

Djavol gave a quick bark of laughter in response to the older dog's statement. He was well-spoken but she liked that about him. A smooth countenance impressed her far more. After all, it was something that she appreciated much more. She liked being able to act out a part, liked being able to seduce or enrage another dog into its death. It was so much more skillful than just barreling into an enemy and ending their life. It was much nicer seeing their confusion and rage, to feel that sense of betrayal, and then to watch them bleed out their life before you. She had a feeling that while some of his methods and some of his reasons might not be the same that Nosferatu was a canine that believed in much more finesse than many others. Not that she believed he would - or even that she would - tip the tables over on a close comrade but someone that you spent a few hours or a day on? Oh yes. That she could definitely see.

At Nosferatu's words, a queer little light sprung forth in her eyes. She had fully enough of an imagination (and experience) to give her a nice mental picture of what that might look like. She had seen many a dog bleeding out their life into the ground or the snow, but had she ever seen one where it became a veritable bath? A fine spray that might mist over oneself? No, she didn't think she had seen that. This older dog, however, he might have if the way he was speaking was any indication. A bath of blood. Wouldn't that be a sight to see? Her tongue darted out some to lick at the edges of her muzzle as she focused on that mental image, thought about it, practically lived it within her mind. "Perhaps, good sir, we can be of benefit to one another at some time then." She had a feeling he would enjoy having someone else lead the lamb to slaughter, so to speak. And she would enjoy the show. And he needn't worry about her spilling his secret, considering that the Leaders had to know of this, and he also needn't worry about her invading on his meal. While she would probably dine on another canine while starving, she was content to feast as normal dogs did. She just wanted to watch the life bleed out of them, not dine on their flesh. "I have lacked quite a bit of entertainment of late." And that? Well, that simply would not do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users